Sponsored by Eightcap Partners

Join Eightcap Partners and get Up to $6 per lot rebate + 20% revenue share

Sponsored by Eightcap Partners

Join Eightcap Partners and get Up to $6 per lot rebate + 20% revenue share

Breaking down confusing concepts in affiliate marketing

Affiliate Marketing Forum Breaking down confusing concepts in affiliate marketing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jim7
    Participant

Hey, I’m somewhat new to affiliate market and there were a few confusing concepts I had to puzzle out on my own. So I decided to start this thread by explain some confusing terms and concepts commonly seen in affiliate marketing. I’d be glad if other users could add more along the way. Thanks

Jim7
      Participant

The first concept was product data feeds. Basically product data feeds are how brands keep their affiliates partners up to date on all their new products and services. The affiliates can now choose the products and services they wish to advertise on their platform.

The product data feed is a file of all products a brand advertises online that is uploaded to the affiliate network platform for affiliates to use. The product data feed includes important details such as prices, images, descriptions, categorization, keywords, etc.

When a brand uploads a product data feed to the technology platform, affiliates can then download the full feed or select one-off products to feature on their site. Anytime someone clicks on a link from a product data feed, they’ll automatically land on the product page on the brands’ site.

james217
        Participant

Great idea Jim7. Another area I believe new affiliate marketers should look into is key performance indicators. Key performance indicators are systems of measurement which affiliates marketers use to assess how well (or how poorly) their affiliate program is performing. There are a lot of key performance indicators out there, ranging from things as simple as net profit to concepts like year-over-year growth and category wise performance.

MrAffiliate
          Participant

One I always found useful are the commission acronyms, CPA = Cost per acquisition, CPL = Cost per Lead, CPC = Cost Per Click.

Robert87
            Participant

Yeah, once you have the basic definitions down and understanding roughly how tracking works, you are set to start promoting your link.

poreyed954
              Participant

There is a whirlwind of information when it comes to affiliate marketing. Getting confused about the wide range of terminologies is easily possible. For instance, you might be confused about the difference between an in-house and affiliate network. The in-house program is where everything is done within the partner program. For example, Amazon has its affiliate program.

On the other hand, affiliate networks promote affiliate offers and programs to affiliate marketers. Some people are also fuzzy on how to get costs per action and cost per click. Cost per action means your commission is largely based on the action the affiliate program wants you to achieve. An action can be defined as a form of conversion. It is also referred to as cost per lead or sale. Cost per click is where the amount of clicks on the link determines what you will be paid. You earn your money through a commission which is the amount paid when an action is complete.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • The forum ‘Affiliate Marketing Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.
              The Affiliate Monkey
              Logo
              Compare items
              • Total (0)
              Compare
              Shopping cart