Online Trading Affiliate Programs (2024); All You Need To Know
Online trading affiliate programs offer lucrative commissions for referring people to trading platforms that allow clients to buy and sell various financial instruments.
There are many trading platforms out there that offer their own affiliate programs. These vary greatly in how the affiliate relationship is structured and what they offer to support their affiliate to create a longstanding relationship.
In this guide, we’ll take a deep dive into what trading affiliate programs actually are, how they’re structured, and what you need to consider before joining one.
What Are Trading Affiliate Programs?
Trading affiliate programs refer to programs that allow affiliate marketers to refer people to a trading platform in return for a commission.
These trading platforms most often allow people to trade individual stocks and shares, but many offer other trading options such as Forex, commodities, and much more.
This commission is offered in many forms, which we will explore shortly in this article, and there are also many platforms that offer different types of trading as well.
Why Should You Consider Using A Trading Affiliate Program?
There are many reasons why working with a trading affiliate platform is a good idea, but the main one is income potential.
Trading affiliate platforms offer very lucrative payouts, with some easily exceeding $1,000 or more per successful referral.
ZuluTrade affiliate offers custom deals for successful affiliates
The other key benefit is flexibility; as long as you have an audience to promote the offer to, it doesn’t matter where you are in the world. It’s super easy to start affiliate marketing as well, and you can read our guide for doing this without an audience for some tips for getting started if you’re unsure.
How Do They Work?
Trading affiliate programs are very simple at a glance; you refer a person to a trading platform through an affiliate link or code, and you get paid as per the agreement between you and the affiliate program.
These agreements vary a lot, and they’ll be discussed in more detail in the next section.
Different Types Of Trading Affiliate Programs
Once somebody has been referred successfully to a trading affiliate program, how you (as the affiliate) get paid varies depending on the type of commission structure.
Here are the most common ways that trading affiliate programs structure their programs for affiliates:
- Revenue Sharing (RevShare) – Revenue sharing works by the affiliate being paid a share of the revenue that a successful referral generates for the trading platform. Some of these last for the client’s lifetime at the platform, which can result in some large payouts.
- Volume-Based – Volume-based models pay out a specific commission per volume. An example of this for a trading affiliate would be an increased commission percentage if a successful referral spent/earned more than $10,000 trading, for example.
- Cost Per Action (CPA) – CPA trading affiliates payout to the affiliate when the referred client performs a specific action. These are typically one-time deals; an example would be a fixed referral fee for every client who signs up for an account through an affiliate link.
- Introducing Broker (IB) – Introducing brokers are affiliates in this context who earn commissions by referring clients to a trading broker. These are usually more advanced than a standard affiliate and require a proven track record and selection by the broker to be accepted.
The type of trading affiliate program that you work with can have a massive impact on your potential earnings, so make sure you’ve read each point above properly.
What Financial Instruments Do Trading Affiliate Programs Offer?
Financial instruments are assets that can be traded or ‘packages of capital’ that can be traded.
Trading affiliate programs offer a wide range of these instruments to successfully referred clients. For example, stocks are financial instruments that can be traded on a stock trading platform.
ETFs, bonds, and Forex are other examples of financial instruments that can be traded via trading platforms.
What To Keep In Mind When Choosing The Best Trading Affiliate Program
Before you dive right into a trading affiliate program, you should keep a few things in mind that will benefit your long-term success.
Choosing the right type of trading platform will be crucial to your success, as different platforms offer different financial products for trading.
If your audience is largely based on crypto, then a crypto trading platform would make the most sense and offer you the best return.
Likewise, a stock trading platform would be best if you offered stock picks and tips. Promoting the right type of affiliate program is half the battle when it comes to ensuring your success.
Broker Reputation & Conversion Rate
Another important thing to consider when choosing a trading affiliate program is the broker’s reputation and, consequently, what conversion rate they offer.
Well-known brokers with intuitive and modern platforms offer a much higher conversion rate than others, directly impacting the amount you will make.
For example, if you refer 1,000 people to a trading affiliate platform, the difference between a 20% and 40% conversion rate between platforms is 200 people, which could result in a huge difference in revenue for you as the affiliate.
Lastly, any extra offered by the platform can play a pivotal role in choosing the right type of trading affiliate program to work with.
For example, Trading View offers affiliates free widgets, which can be implemented into websites to offer real-time charts and quotes with your affiliate link built in.
TradingView Partner Program
Another example would be ZuluTrade, which offers automated strategies.
Trading affiliate programs can change your life.
It’s all about having the right type of audience to promote your offer to, as well as promoting the right platform that converts well to ensure a mutually beneficial partnership.
- Online Trading Affiliate Programs (2024); All You Need To Know - 3 January 2024
- Compelling Content Ideas for Affiliate Marketers - 12 December 2023
- Q&A with Matt Lawrence: Head of the Partner Relationship Department at XM - 7 December 2023